Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Today

I've been told that I don't always provide enough day-to-day details for my esteemed readers, so...

We have a dinner theater this week at work (I'm not in it, just assisting), and tonight was dress rehearsal, so I just got home about 40 minutes ago, and will do so for the next three nights. Busy, but not bad. And the play is hysterical! The Importance of Being Earnest. I liked the Reece Witherspoon version a couple of years ago, but the play really is better. Intelligent humor--So much fun!

Okay, we have a cricket who has taken residence *in* the house. Every few minutes he sounds off. This is especially weird because just two nights ago I was thinking about how that hadn't happened in this new residence (in the 2-1/2 years we've lived here). Go figure. We've got a mind-reading, trouble-making cricket in the neighborhood.

I just bought tickets to go to Texas in October (to visit family), and whenever I buy tickets I always wonder if I have done the right thing. I kinda get freaked out to spend so much money on something so far away. I think I am a gen-x-er in this regard: very uncomfortable with commitment. LOL!

The cricket story continues...as I was typing the last paragraph, a small cricket emerged in the living room. Assuming him to be the singer, I, uh, (Jiminie Cricket lovers cover your ears), 'disposed' of him. As soon as I finished cleaning up, up pipes the real singer. Not nice at all, not at all!

Long day, so I'd better run. I want to add an entry from my journal too, so I'd better make it quick.

Blessings to all,-J

(c) 2007

No comments: