Thursday, March 6, 2008

Just Ran Across This...

Here's a little quote that is making me eat recently uttered words:

One reason we are so harried and hurried is that we make yesterday and tomorrow our business, when all that legitimately concerns us is today. If we really have too much to do, there are some items on the agenda which God did not put there. Let us submit the list to Him and ask Him to indicate which items we must delete. There is always time to do the will of God. If we are too busy to do that, we are too busy. -Elisabeth Elliott

Wowser. The middle part got me, "...If we really have too much to do, there are some items on the agenda which God did not put there..." Might need to reeval my list...

-J

3 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

So good! My ladies Bible Study just wrapped up, The Lies Women Believe, my Nancy Leigh DeMoss, one of the lies is "I don't have time to do everything I'm supposed to do." It helped me realize that its all the junk I add to my list that causes the problems!
Praying your body heals swiftly!

ShalomSeeker said...

You know, I actually own that book but haven't yet read it. I should get to it, huh? Anything Nancy Leigh DeMoss does is quality.

Thanks your encouragement!

Lindsay said...

Love this... that Elisabeth Elliot is full of wisdom!!

Thanks for sharing...

**saw your blog from Sarah's comments... and thought I'd say hello!