Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ten Things for Tuesday

Okay, let's see what all is in my brain right now...
  1. Frankly, I'm trying to get my brain to stop obsessing over my test/surgery last week. I know that whatever He sends my way I can be victorious in through His strength. But I must confess--though I am very grateful for the results of the test--I find myself afraid that at some point in the future I may have to do this again. Without lots of detail, just know that this is not an unreasonable expectation. But my body didn't process the anesthesia properly, despite a triple dose, and the biopsy really hurt, even though I shouldn't have felt anything more than pressure. And this is not the first time my body has done something like that. And so right now, I am trying so hard to choose to believe my theology--God will supply all the strength I need on the day I need it (Philippians 4:13; Matthew 6:34)--and not my heart, which whispers, I can't do this again.

  2. It is almost frightening to me how theraputic blogging/writing is for me! :-)

  3. I am very tired of feeling so ridiculously overburdened at work. I have more responsibilities now than I did at this point last year, and getting through the spring and summer last year about killed me. I grow almost panicky when I think of all that is coming down the pike. I don't think I can even continue to keep up what must be done, more or less what should be done.

  4. Hmmm...looks like what is in my brain is a bunch of burdens/complaints. I'm sorry about that! Let's see what other, more positive things I could share...

  5. I love how technology allows me to connect with friends from long ago! Just today I connected on Facebook with a co-worker/friend from when I taught in S. Korea! Sometimes, however, I get overwhelmed because there are so many people with whom I should keep in contact. Just too blessed, I guess! :-)

  6. On that note, I should add that I am a LOUSY communicator, in terms of keeping up with people. I often think of/pray for others, but I rarely write or call. It just seems overwhelming to me, for reasons I can't explain, and probably couldn't explain even if I could! LOL! :-) However, the welcome in my heart for others never wanes, so I am always genuinely glad to hear from them.

  7. I read a great quote today (prepare for conviction): What are you doing today that shows you are serving the God of the impossible? -Mel Wyma, from an NTM calendar

  8. I have recently lost about 50 lbs., and while I am very grateful for God's grace thus far, I still have a long way to go! Fortunately, I cannot out-reach (or out-girth!) His grace!!!

  9. I recently recognized something in the life of Moses (this may be a re-realization, as I have a tendancy to forget). You know, he recognized his calling (deliverer of a nation) FORTY YEARS before God actually had him begin moving on that calling. And there was a lot of preparation that God squeezed into those 40 years, as is proven by the much-changed person who emerged from the desert. Sometimes, I wonder if my life is going to be like that. This time in my life is very valuable, but perhaps (?) its greatest value still remains to be seen in the place/ministry to which God will call me. Hmmm...this makes sense in my head, but I don't know if it will make sense to you.

  10. Here's an ironic change that years of singleness have wrought: I am far less extroverted than I used to be. In fact, if you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs, I used to be a complete and total 10 on the extrovert scale. I'm guessing that I am only slightly more than half that now. I used to never need time to myself; now I need a fair amount of it. I still LOVE people, though. Good thing, too, as it seems that in addition to God, His Word, and angels, I'll pretty much be spending eternity with a bunch of them! :-)

  11. Bonus: Who uses the word 'wrought' (see #10) anymore to describe anything other than iron? I am such a...freak? ...snob? ...wordsmith? :-)

Well, I find myself slightly relieved to have completed all ten. It was a bit iffy in the middle there. :-) Thanks for joining me for another (probably worthless) Ten Things for Tuesday.


Blessings all!
-J

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. --II Corinthians 12:9-10

6 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Glad to hear everything was benign! Love this post, what a great idea for Tuesdays! Mind if I copy you? :)

ShalomSeeker said...

Not at all. I 'stole' it from someone else! :-)
Thanks for sharing in my joy/relief! -J

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob said...

I like "wrought" - don't knock it.

As for your lousiness at keeping up with folks - it runs in the family. No need to spend much time searching for all those letters from the clan back in Texas, is there?

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should be sharing what is not yours to share. You stole it from me and therefore, it is mine to give.

I just crack myself up with my poetic nonsense. Ha Ha. In case you are lost I am talking about the 10 thoughts - it actually came from someone else.

I love reading about you. I did not realize that you were a writing fool all of the sudden. I have several blogs to catch up on. These are my favorites. Your sister Rachel H. Hee Hee figure out which one.

Anonymous said...

First - I use wrought so don't call yourself too many names :) . Second, you know - I know we talk about the Moses thing a lot, esp with me doing what I'm doing, but it occurs to me that if we're going by Stephen's statement in Acts, then he would have assumed he was their leader even more than forty years prior. He just didn't act on it until then (resuming the people would know he was there to deliver them ... again, per Acts). Just a thought.