Monday, May 12, 2008

A Report On Mother's Day

So many of you shared so generously in my struggle that I did not want to neglect sharing with you the end of the story/'season.'

It is now early on Monday morning, way past my bedtime, but I wanted to share with you how very smoothly today went. I got a little unraveled when I had to refuse the flower they tried to hand me on the way into church, but I zipped off to my Sunday School class where I promptly got distracted by my students' complete lack of effort to engage the lesson. (BLEH!) During the service, they did do the special highlights, but just as I found my heart starting to well, it was suddenly gone...as if a wave starting to swell toward the shore suddenly reversed directions and simply headed out to sea. And from that point on during the day, I found myself walking in an inexplicable peace. I'm pretty sure [ironic tone] that was GOD.

Thank you for your kind thoughts, and most especially for your prayers. The season is over, my heart is settled, and God--as always--is victorious.

Just one more note added to my eternal song of praise,
-J

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. --Philippians 4:4-9

(c) 2008

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have nothing I can share online to this... but my love and emotion wouldn't not let me respond. And I know you'll get that. So know I have thoughts. Know I'm really glad I could share the day with you. And know that I'm glad to be back online to read your posts again :) . I love hearing from you MF.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I am so glad that the Lord blessed you with peace and love as you were hurting this Mother's Day. Blessings to you. Angela

Rachel said...

I did not respond to the other blog, I decided to combine the comments.

Don't you work in the children's ministry were you work? Don't you love and pray for your nephews and neice? Don't you talk to my children when I am out of my league? You teach Sunday School. You are the biggest encourager that I have. The card I got today was wonderful. I was so touched. You touch children's lives everyday in different ways. You may not have children that call you mother, but you have children that are much better because you are in their lives!!!! Next time take the rose and remember that you are an important role model in so many young lives. If someone someone asks you about it, then say - my friend said to because I am her children's Christian mentor!!