Okay, I'm still all over the board here, so that's what you get, too.
1. I do not like computers today. Not on their own; not with green eggs and ham. I have spent the entire day until now (4 p.m.) dealing with computer problems at work. The good news is that I did not throw one thing out of the window today--which was a distinct possibility circa noon. Fortunately, the cavalry arrived, and things are much better now.
2. I do still like Diet Dr. Pepper today. I share this just in case you thought that the computer thing threw off my whole world.
3. Yesterday, I did yard work. I share this to let you know that that the world will be coming to an end shortly. Iffin' you don't know me personally, you may not be away that I don't do yard work--it is why I rent. Okay, that and I don't want the responsibility/bills of owning a house. And that it might be sketchy whether I am loan-worthy...but anyway, back to the world ending.
Yesterday, I spent two hours sweating and getting FILTHY while trimming our arbor, hauling fill dirt, and digging a channel for drainage. And--and this is where things get really scary--I kinda enjoyed it. And--better yet--I'm not sore today! All those workouts at the gym have apparently paid off! :-) Whee! (Uh, please don't share the 'enjoying' part with my landlord, k? *wink*)
4. I'm freezing again. This place is nuts!
5. I got tangerine pop-up post-it notes today, and I'm lovin' them! It's the small things, really...
6. Ugh. I've already got a headache, and they just started vacuuming outside of my office. The sound of a vacuum always gives me a headache anyway. Excedrin, anyone? (Oooo... I took Excedrin on an empty stomach Sunday morning, and by the time I got to the Sunday School class I teach, I had the shakes like a drug addict on withdrawal. That caffeine is powerful stuff, man!)
7. Speaking of Sunday, I learned a very important lesson that day. No, not from the sermon (what was that thing on...? Better look at my notes...), but from an experiment. And just so you know, those little "Just add milk" muffin mixes DO go bad 13 months after their expiration date. I mean, not that I would let something like that lie around my house that long. Or that I would try to make outdated muffins for my neighbors. Who would do something like that? But if you did do something like that, you might find yourself making fresh muffins from scratch at 11:00 p.m. I mean, if anyone would do anything so crazy...
8. I am still freezing. Must. go. outside...
9. I'm really excited about my Sunday School class again. We promoted a great group of kids two weeks ago, and think they will let me lead them 'deep'--and I love going 'deep' in the Word of God! This is year two of a two-year study on the book of Acts. We are picking up at the beginning of the missionary journeys, and will pause at any point where a book was written and do a quick survey of that book. This way, we get a nice sense of the flow and development of the New Testament/early church. I am very excited! Our theme last year was: God has a plan--you can trust Him! This year, we are adding to that the message they were carrying: God as a man--you can know Him! So much fun!
10. We have already sold more tickets to this year's dinner theater than we had at this point last year, and we still have a week to go. Friday night has only one ticket left; Thursday has about 20. So if you're thinking about coming, Saturday would be a good pick... :-)
11. BONUS! I am printing 'before' pictures for my Weight Watcher's meting tonight. They asked me for them last week when I passed the 60-lb. mark on WW. Total, I've lost more than 75-lbs. That is very surreal to me. I have several posts in my mind on this topic, so I'll share more soon.
Hope your day is filled with His blessings (and that you can get warm...),