Saturday, January 31, 2009

Maid Service Required

Outside of small children, I think I am one of the the messiest eaters I know.

I don't buy expensive clothes, as I know that I will eventually mar them with some stain that I cannot remove. White shirts, khaki pants...those are just begging for a coffee spill, or tomato splotch. Or worse, mustard.

And I simply CANNOT eat popcorn without making a fool of myself. There is popcorn all around me when I finish. I think this is because I am never paying attention when I eat popcorn. Popcorn is eaten while reading or watching a movie or working on a project at work. The problem here is...I eat a mini bag of popcorn almost every day.

Now, outside of popcorn, the food spills would appear normal to outside observers...little things here and there--normal stuff that just happens. However, these things happen constantly, and that--among many other things--makes me abnormal...though I'm sure you would have already used this word to describe to me.

I do know, however, that I am not THE messiest adult eater I have ever known. At one point in college I was going to school with a SIXTY-year-old man who we needed to vacuum around when he was finished eating. I am not exaggerating. Seriously. The table, the chairs, and especially the floor were covered with his crumbs...which would fly out of his mouth while he was talking and chewing simultaneously.

It was very appetizing.

So, just for the record: I am not THAT messy of an eater.

Unless popcorn is involved. And then, well... Does anybody have a Dustbuster?

Snacking away,
-J

(c) 2009

A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without Him, who can eat or find enjoyment? --Ecclesiastes 2:24-25, NIV

1 comment:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

have you thought of getting a dog?

at our house there is so much random food in the floor around the table... no one would know it was you!