Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Rare Moment of Political Commentary

I don't often post my political views here. In fact, I think I've only done so once. However, I'm pretty sure this political cartoon isn't really a partisan perspective...more like a world-consensus.

Ariail is one of my favorite political satirist. I hope you enjoy this brief reality check:
http://ariail.thestateonline.com/?p=517

All idiom-ed up,
-J

P.S. Please don't mistake the general absence of political statements for a lack of political opinions. I have many and strong ones. But the heartbeat of my life is Jesus, so that's mostly what come out here. As ShalomSeeker (Shalom being the Hebrew word for peace), I try to keep peace around here, and politics can get mighty fractious. But if Jesus gets divisive...well, that just can't be helped, now can it? :-)

A TRUE Reality Check:
What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none; those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away. --I Corinthians 7:29-31, NIV

2 comments:

joyce said...

I don't know that I have every tried to figure out that idiom which I have heard all my life. I wonder why the kettle is black. soot covered?? as from a wood stove. the expression is probably very, very old. But, in this day and age, I can hear the left scream, "racist" because of the color of the kettle and/or the pot. And the fact that they have all accepted money from AIG in campaign donations....

Bob said...

It's worth mentioning that the two political parties in Jesus' day didn't agree on much -- but they did agree about one thing: "Crucify Him." Should we expect less from our politicians?