Okay, so it's been 31 days since I've posted, but that doesn't mean I'm actually dead. I just thought I'd clarify that right off the bat, since some of you have been kind enough to inquire. I also didn't fall off the face of the earth, another common misconception, apparently.
I have, however, not been great--though death was never a consideration. I've really had some crazy health struggles over the past month. Of a digestive nature. And no, you don't want to know more. Which is good, 'cause I'm not planning on posting my medical history online for all the world to see.
However, these medical issues have left me drained and seriously unmotivated to do much more than was minimally required. (They have also left me with about $800 more in medical debt with very little to show for it, but who's worrying? *wink*) And thus, my absence here.
However, I do believe I'm on the upswing now (probiotics--yea!!!), and decided to just drop a little Mark Twain (see title) on ya to let you know I was all right. And since even a month's absence hasn't stopped me from composing blog entries in my mind daily, I'm guessing you'll be seeing a lot more of me here. Assuming anyone is still out there after my untimely abandonment...
So just to bring you a bit up to speed on things around here, here are some highlights of the past month:
* X-rays :-(
* A new niece :-)
* An MRI :-( (with barium - double frown face)
* Learning that I could run 2.5+ miles :-)
* Learning that I actually LIKE running 2.5+ miles :-)
* Taking oodles and oodles of meds for my digestive tract...and getting almost no benefit :-(
* Talking with my far-out sister and kin--twice! :-)
* Two doctors visits :-(
* Hearing the joy and exhaustion in my brother's voice as he told of my preemie niece's birth and growth :-)
* Getting conjunctivitis (aka, pink-eye) :-(
* Hearing that one of the girls in my Sunday School class accepted Christ!!!!!! :-D
* Helping the youth with an ultimate scavenger hunt 8-P
* Getting within 5 pounds of my weight-loss goal!!!! :-D
* Being able to reduce the prescriptions I'm on to ONE! (maintenance meds for my very well-controlled asthma) :-)
* Getting the best blood work of my life back from my physical :-)
* Many sweet, corrective & instructive words spoken to my heart my Lord (I'm guessing you'll be hearing more about that...)
So as you can see, things are mostly good around here. I hope you can say the same.
Until we meet again (which will be soon, I promise),
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. -3 John 1:2, NIV