Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm Con-be-fuzzled

Wow. I've posted a couple of times recently on the struggles I've been having with being single. Well here's an irony for you.

This evening during a phone conversation, a friend of mine said something about me wanting to be married. And--are you ready for this?--everything in my heart welled up and said...

"No, I don't!"

Talk about a woman who doesn't even know her own mind.

I suppose one could not want to be single and not want to be married...but that doesn't really leave you many options, now does it?

Or, perhaps I'm just vacillating. That is probably more likely.

Whichever it is, clearly I'm con-be-fuzzled.

Might just be as nuts as I sound,
-J

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. --Psalm 139:23, NIV

5 comments:

Suzann said...

Hmmmm... I might want to pick your brain on this one!

T said...

Sometimes I think we want to be able to share life with someone, and some of life's burdens. BUT we really like and are very content with our current state and it's benefits. So it's a both/and.

Really what we want are the benefits of both and the negatives of either :) . (Yes, that's a joke - somehwat humanly true, but still a joke.)

joyce said...

sometimes it is just hormonal. once a month, Uncle Bob cannot even breathe correctly.

Last night, at Wednesday night Bible Study, Pastor Mark was going over Phil 4 again. Paul tells them to help the two women get along. I don't think it comes naturally. we all need help.

joyce said...

Hey, I just found this abbreviation, probably for tweets---that I shoulda used on the 19th. HBDTY

cool, huh? How about a birthday report?? Uncle Bob turned 57 last January, and I did not realize until now that you were both born in years ending in 2. Why, that means Uncle Bob was Ben's age when you were born! His first niece. The first of the fabulous five nieces on the W. side. wow.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

You make me smile. *smile*