Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Ideas Needed

I will begin teaching a 7th & 8th grade discipleship class (some call this Sunday School, but I like to focus on what I'm actually trying to do) at the end of this month. I am so excited. And I can promise you, I NEVER thought I would be excited about anything related to middle school, so this is what we call a "God-thing."

Anyway, I am working on developing the curriculum for this class. There are many things that I want to cover in the course of our hour and fifteen minutes each week (actually, more, 'cause I believe in assigning homework! Why should we spend more time on the things that matter only temporally than on the things that matter eternally?). But I'm betting there are things I'm not thinking of, lessons that, if taught to them now would save them heartache later.

So, dear readers...
If there was something about life or Scripture or God that you wished you had learned earlier; or if there is some lesson that you were taught when you were young that served you well...would you share that with me?

Things like...there are decisions you are making now that will affect your life later, maybe forever (an unexpected child, for example). I need your life experience to create the best curriculum. Poll your friends, too. :-)

Thanks for your help!
-J

(c) 2007

No comments: