Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sixty (Stolen) Questions

Okay, I've seen lots of these go around and figured I'd finally get into the act. So I stole them from my friend's blog. I didn't see a (c), so.... LOL! Let's see...

1)How old do you wish you were? I kinda like now; anytime between 30 and now (34).

2) Where were you when 9/11 happened? At work. I worked at a church then. We got a call when the first plane hit, so they turned on a TV and had everyone gather around. At this point, remember, we don't know it's a terrorist attack; it seems like a terrible plane accident. I remember thinking, "Why did they call us together to see this? Bad things have happened before and we didn't stop the work day." We went back to work and a few minutes later...well, you know. It was an awful, awful day. I still won't watch things that reference that day/week/month. I still cry thinking about it.

3) What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Push the refund button. If that fails, well, I just walk away.

4) Do you consider yourself kind? I think I'm generally so. I try hard to be.

5) If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? If? You think I don't have one? I am a woman of mystery.

6) If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? Probably Spanish just for practicality's sake, but I'd rather be fluent in Russian or French. French is beautiful and Russian so interesting. What I'd really like is to be able to speak whatever language is being spoken. Wouldn't that be a cool superhero power?!

7) Do you know your neighbors? Yes and no. Two of my neighbors are *very* close friends, but the rest I only know so-so. Go two houses down and I don't know them at all. :-(

8)What do you consider a vacation? Traveling away from home and exploring someplace new. No offense, but I don't consider visiting family a vacation. I have rarely had vacations in my life, even as a child.

9) Do you follow your horoscope? Nope

10) Would you move for the person you loved? Absolutely.

11) Are you touchy feely? Occasionally, but not generally.

12) Do you believe that opposites attract? Often, but not always. I think it makes things interesting, but not always smooth.

13) Dream job? Wife, mother, discipler.

14) Favorite channel(s)? With cable, HGTV. Since we don't have cable, channel 10. LOL! Okay, NBC.

15) Favorite place to go on weekends? I rarely go anywhere. Sad for someone who likes to travel so much.

16) Showers or Baths? Always showers. I don't enjoy baths at all.

17) Do you paint your nails? No. My nails hate all forms of remover, and my eyes hate chipped nails.

18) Do you trust people easily? Depends. To a certain degree, I afford everyone trust immediately, but on a deep level, very rarely.

19) What are your phobias? Hmmm....I can kinda get carried away on germ-free hands, but I can turn that off if I need to.

20) Do you want kids? Yes. I'd love to have bunches (assuming I still have the energy to manage them), and I'd love to adopt from all over. Think Angelina Jolie, only I'd be married.

21) Do you keep a handwritten journal? Periodically. It's not usually what is happening, it's more what I'm thinking or learning, especially spiritually. Kinda like my blog.

22) Where would you rather be right now? New Zealand, Europe, in the mountains. You name it, I'm there!

23) What makes you feel warm and safe? Hmmmm....No special thing usually.

24) Heavy or light sleep? Heeeeaaaavvvvyyyy.

25) Are you paranoid? Who's asking?

26) Are you impatient? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

27) What is your favorite candle smell? linen

28) How do you feel about interracial couples? Love them! Wish I was one. My babies deserve to have some dark-skinned genes mixed in with my pasty ones. To pass on such pasty-ness is surely cruel and unusual punishment.

29) Have you been burned by love? Not really. More like...not yet found. :-)

30) Whats your life motto? When in doubt, don't. (from Romans 14) I'm working hard on it being something more like, "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

31) What's your main ring tone on your mobile? Ringing. I don't hear the other rings.

32) What were you doing at midnight last night? This is unusual, but I was actually sleeping. Music Camp wore me out.

33) Who was your last text message from? I don't usually text, but one of my aunts does all the time.

34) Who's bed did you sleep in last night? Mine, and mine alone. :-)

35) What color shirt are you wearing? Granny Smith Apple Green (It looks pretty awful on me, but it matches the color of the Camp shirts, and I didn't have time to wash mine from yesterday.)

36) Who is your favorite artist? Name an impressionist.

37) Name three things you have on you at all times? Watch, ring, and earrings.

38) Are you wearing underwear? Always.

39) How much cash do you have on you right now? About $60. That's my food budget for the next 10 days.

40) What is your favorite part of the chicken? Breast

41) What's your favorite town/city? Chicago!

42) Who got you to join Yahoo 360? Me. I was looking for a free space to blog.

43) What did you have for dinner last night? Applebee's appetizer sampler, split with my best friend.

44) How tall are you bare foot? I claim 5'9".

45) Have you ever smoked heroin? What an odd question. Don't you smoke crack and snort heroin? Anyway, the answer to both questions is no.

46) Do you own a gun? No, and don't plan to. Don't mind if others do so responsibly, but I don't feel the need to.

47) What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee, strong, with one sweet-n-low, and lots of French vanilla creamer. It should be the color of caramel.

48) Do you have A.D.D.? I'm sorry, what did you say?

49) What time did you wake up today? 6:20-ish. VERY unusual for me. This is because of music camp. Usually I wake up around 7:45/8:00 a.m.

50) Current worry? Paying off stupid (aka, credit card) debt. I've come so far, but have so far to go.

51) Current hate? This is silly, but I hate having an exhaust fan on when taking a shower. I really like to steam up the bathroom.

52) Favorite place to be? One of my favorite places to be is the public library. What a great invention. I also like being at the Biltmore (Asheville, NC).

53) Where would you like to travel? You name it and pay for it, and I'm there!

54) Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? I'm afraid to answer this question.

55) Last thing you ate? Soft peppermint candy.

56) Song that you sing in the shower? I don't usually sing in the shower, but if I do, it would usually be a worship song, or maybe something from old Broadway.

57) Last person that made you laugh? Some of the youth workers at our camp this week.

58) Worst injury you've ever had? Having my gallbladder removed was awful. I'm pretty sure he botched something, but I eventually recovered, mostly.

59) Does someone have a crush on you? One can only wish...

60) What is your favorite candy? Varies daily.

-J

No comments: