Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Afternoon Light...

I love the afternoon light in the Fall. It is so beautiful, and the weather is so perfect... And so yesterday, when I walked into the sanctuary where I work, and spotted this, I had to share:

Afternoon sun on an old wooden pew makes me want to grab my Bible and just be with Him. Alone, in a quiet, warmly-lit place of worship...it makes me want to worship.
Is there some setting/place/environment that does this to you?

Seeking to be quiet in His presence,

-J

...He said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." -Mark 6:31b
(c) 2008

2 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

love this picture! seeing as I spent as much or more time in my church building as in my home... this really is a peaceful picture for me! thanks!

just being outdoors on a beautiful day does the same thing for me... it is His handiwork... all of it!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

how beautiful!