Friday, October 24, 2008

Gloomy Weather And Other Sundry Items

Remember that glorious afternoon a few days ago?




Well, today isn't quite so lovely. While I'm sure we need the rain, it is gloomy weather. (This picture was taken at the exact same time of day as the first one. Can you see the rain?)


However, the soup I'm going to make this weekend and the hot chocolate I'm going to consume will make it better, I'm bettin'!

I'm also planning to search for warm-weather gear: coats, sweaters, sweatshirts. All of these items have been out-shrunk(?!), which is wonderful, but... When you've lost a significant amount of weight, one thing that tends to happen is that your body gets colder, faster. (Remember science class? Fat is an insulator...) Anyway, I'm freezing constantly now, though our temperatures are still averaging 65 during the day. And it turns out, I don't like being cold constantly. We'll see what the Goodwill can do for me. :-)

Oh, a special little joy in my life right now (warning: I do have on my sarcastic hat...) is the second round of conjunctivitis I've got going on in both eyes for the second time in two weeks. So.much.fun. Really. You should try it.

Or not. ;-)

Well, the weekend is upon me. I think I head out of here. Hope your weather and other sundry items as less gloomy than here in the South. Don't worry about me; by tomorrow afternoon, it'll be a glorious, sunny, 70-degree day here! Jealous? ;-)

Just callin' 'em as they are,
-J

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about...what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? ...your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. --Matthew 6:25, 32b-33

(c) 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, not jealous--I love rainy days! I love them almost as much as I love snowy days. I love it most when I can be at home, making something warm and homey for dinner (soup is good; beef burgundy, chicken noodle soup, spaghetti and meatballs from scratch--these are all contenders) or curling up under a blanket with a cup of tea or coffee. It's not as much fun if I'm at work on the rainy day, but that doesn't take all the joy out of it. As I drove to work in the rain yesterday morning, I was remembering how it felt to be in an elementary classroom on a rainy morning, and it made me smile. Am I weird? Maybe. :-)