Saturday, November 22, 2008

Just For Fun

This little email has been bouncing around in my family the past couple of weeks, and--while I have many other things I could share, I don't have time to organize those thoughts right now. So...here are some worthless little tidbits about me. (The assignment for the first part was to place an X next to those items that were true about you/your life.)

( ) Gone on a blind date – It’s never even been suggested. Should I be offended?

( ) Skipped school – Well, I kinda played more sick than I was a couple of times…

( ) Been to Canada – On the wish list

(X) Been to Mexico – Went when I was 11 or 12, and saw glass being blown for the first time.

( ) Been to Florida – I live this close (in the Deep South!) and I STILL have never been to Florida. I have, however, been to 34 or 35 other states!

( ) Been to the Caribbean – On the wish list

(X) Been overseas – Uh, YEAH!

(X) Been on a plane – Oh so many times… (Plus, it's much easier to get 'overseas' this way!)

( ) Jumped out of a plane – This is something I hope to avoid…

( ) Been on a helicopter

(X) Been on a train – Never in the US. I’ve had both good and bad experiences here.

(X) Been lost – Sometimes I try to get lost. You learn a lot that way.

(X) Been on the opposite side of the country – Thanks, Far-Out Sis & Fam!

(X) Gone to Washington, D.C. – love, Love, LOVE DC! (Clarification: I love the city; the politics can be another matter…)

(X) Swam in the ocean – Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, Sea of Japan, stood on the shores of the Mediterranean, but it was too cold to swim.

(X) Cried yourself to sleep – Glad they didn’t ask how many times…

(X) Played cops and robbers - But not particularly willingly. There were boys involved...

( ) Recently colored with crayons – But I love to!

(X) Sang Karaoke – More times than I can count. First time was with my BF from middle school (though we were in college then), in a Vietnamese ‘restaurant.’ There’s a good story there…

(X) Paid for a meal with coins only – Sadly, fairly recently. Times, they are a-tight…

(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't do – both good things and bad things.

(X) Made prank phone calls – I “sold” subscriptions to Garbology Today to friends in junior high.

(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose – milk, junior high. Not my only unfortunate experience with milk in junior high, either. Those were some rough years...

(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue - :-)

(X) Danced in the rain – With my MOM! In high school. It was a really heavy storm, and I think we both got sick afterward, but what a memory…

( ) Written a letter to Santa Claus - I was the child trying to inform everyone about the TRUE meaning of Christmas...which of course meant that I started an early career as a myth-debunker. I'm sure I was very popular with the parents...

( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe – But am willing to try it…

( ) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about or love – well, with friends, but I don’t think that is what this is referring to.

(X) Blown bubbles – Best memory is doing so with my niece and nephews just before most of them abandoned me left for Asia.

(X) Gone ice-skating – Love it!

(X) Gone snow or water skiing – Does it count if you didn’t get out of the water? Well, I actually did get out; flying through the air and landing head first back in the water is skiing, isn't it?

(X) Gone to the movies – I almost never go (maybe once or twice a year; who can afford it?!), but this is one of my favorite things to do. I love to lose myself in a story.

( ) Been to Africa – On the wish list

( ) Ate cookies for dinner – I’ve eaten cookies WITH dinner, but I don’t think I’ve done this alone.

( ) Ate cookies for breakfast – Uh…the stomach is quite particular in the AM.

(X) Body Piercings? – Yep. Six of them. Do I sound mysterious?

(X) Been on TV – Yes…but that wasn’t me on America’s Most Wanted. You can’t prove it was…

( ) Stole a traffic sign – Grrrl, I am SUCH a rule keeper. Uh, no.

(X) Been in a car accident – Yes, but it’s never been my fault. I’ve either been completely stationary or not even in the vehicle at the time.

( ) Tattoos – But they did just became legal in my state…

* Favorite drink? In order: Water, Coffee, Diet Dr. Pepper (with Sonic ice!)

* Do you love your job? YES! But I can think of several others I would jump at the chance to do if God opened the door…

* Favorite vacation place? A trip to Hong Kong was the best vacation I ever had, but generally, the mountains in the fall.

* Favorite TV Program? I grow more ‘sketch’ on TV by the day, but currently… Antiques Roadshow, Masterpiece Theater, As Time Goes By, Heroes, Eleventh Hour, The Mentalist

* Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4-door. Her name is G.G. We should talk about her sometime...

* Favorite salad dressing? Newman’s Own Olive Oil & Vinegar (Worth every calorie!)

* Favorite number? BF's cell phone

* Favorite pie? Pumpkin, every time, baby!

* All Time Favorite Movie? Name a classic musical

* Favorite holiday? I cannot decide. I LOVE the calm and celebration of Thanksgiving; but I love the ‘family togetherness’ of Christmas. And the songs. And the decorations. And the weather. And celebrating my birthday the week before… (less than 30 shopping days remain…)

* Favorite dessert? Angel Food Cake, or chocolate

* Favorite food? Ohhhh, I am such a foodie. I cannot choose. Maybe Thai? I love ALL foods. Seriously.

* Favorite day of the week? Friday night—there’s (usually) nothing that I need to prepare for for the next day.

* Favorite Brand of Body Wash? Anything non-floral. I’m generally allergic to those.

* Favorite toothpaste? Colgate paste, not the gel

* Favorite smell? Something savory cooking, especially if it has onion &/or garlic in it. And gardenias (though I’m kinda allergic). And pine. And the confederate jasmine that blooms on our arbor. And coffee brewing. And that cologne that sharp-dressed stranger was wearing when he passed me in the Korean bus station (Mmmmm...I do wish I knew what that was!). I think I’m very olfactory-oriented. :-D

* What do you do to relax? Exercise (especially Pilates!), watch TV/movies, read

* Favorite Sport? Whatever my friends are into. I love the variety of the Olympics best, both summer and winter. I’m a total Olympics junkie!

* How do you see yourself in 10 years? Well, I tried to guess where I’d be now ten years ago, and I got that ALL wrong, so I think I’ll abstain from this one.

Okie-dokie. That's all the gibberish I can come up with for now. Did you learn anything new? No? Sorry about that. Maybe next time I can be a tad more creative for ya.

Blessings all!
-J

"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. --Luke 12: 4-7

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna do this one. it looks fun-ish.

Anonymous said...

I actually did my list and forwarded like I said I would. Did you get it?

Anonymous said...

Hey - did you delete a couple of was my list different (I know the "watch someone die" could sound badly but I don't think that's what they meant).