Monday, May 18, 2009

A Good Reminder...

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

Found I needed this today. Pretty sure that says something not great about me, but at least God sent the reminder... ;-)

-J

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. --Colossians 3:12-13, NIV

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm writing that little gem down! I needed that...I've been less than gracious to several today...sadly.

Starting again, right now...

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I love how you ALWAYS have a verse at the end. and I love you.

t said...

Should have read this BEFORE I went to wal-mart, Harb* and Brd Riv. :( Ugh.

But hey, I was in my car and I only thought it. If you take out the Gospels and few key passages in the rest of the New Testament (well, and if you know your theology, a few key ones in the OT) you can see that only thinking it doesn't count.

Whew. That was a close one.

t said...

Hey Beth - if I start putting a verse at the end of my comments, will you love me too :) ?