Monday, June 29, 2009

Ten Things I Did Today


There's no good reason for this post, so I hope you enjoy random drivel, 'cause here it comes...

Ten Things I Did Today:
1. Awoke on time. (Yea! And rare!)
2. Found TWO.GRAY.HAIRS at the nape of my neck. {Ewww.} (They are no longer present, btw. I don't mind getting older, but I do mind looking older.)
3. Wore new-to-me-pants and -sweater. And took a picture of the sweater for you. :-) (You're welcome. {laughs at self})
4. Lay on the hot brick sidewalk try to warm up in the 95* heat.
5. Ran my heater in my office...in the 95* heat.
6. Ate ice cream bar anyway.
7. Drank an entire two-liter of Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. {Uh, Oops!}
8. Visited the ladies room an inordinate number of times, for some reason...
9. Cooked up my lunch in the kitchen at my workplace: sauteed fresh zucchini with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, turkey sausage, garlic & herbs. {YUM!}
10. Oh, and worked.

Plenty to do, but slightly bored,
-J

P.S. Today's verse on BibleGateway.com was my life-anchor verse (meaning, God comforted me with it years ago, and continues to use it to reassure me), so I share it with you:
The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.
--Psalm 138:8, NIV

(c) 2009

2 comments:

Bob said...

I absolutely love drivel! And random is the maraschino cherry that really makes it.

Rachel in IL said...

Random is good. I just wanted to say I love the new glasses very fitting to your oval face. :) Anyway why are you so cold? We should talk my travel and your up coming. Love ya,